How To Tell A Girl You Like HerApr 21, 2022
So, you have a crush 🥰
It's normal to feel anxious about how to tell her you like her!
- On one hand, telling her directly comes with risks. What if she doesn't like you back? Plus, tension and intrigue can be helpful when you like a girl, because they give her a chance to develop feelings for you too 😅
- On the other hand, not telling her can hurt you. She won't know you like her unless you tell her, and she might move on to someone else if you don't 😮💨
So, how should you tell a girl you like her?
I'm Blaine, I'm a dating coach for men, and today I'll share my 3 favorite ways to tell a girl you like her 👇
HOW TO TELL A GIRL YOU LIKE HER STRATEGY #1
Test The Waters
You've probably heard the phrase "actions speak louder than words" before.
Nowhere is it more true than in dating!
Why am I bringing this up?
👉 If you're hesitant to tell a girl that you like her directly...
🌊 Try letting your actions speak for you, to test the waters.
What do I mean?
- Pay her a compliment (e.g. tell her she has beautiful eyes 😊)
- Do something nice for her (e.g. write her an encouraging note 📝)
- Invite her to spend time with you (e.g. ask her to coffee ☕)
These actions all subtly tell her you like her, without you explicitly saying "I like you!"
You can assess her reaction to understand if she likes you back:
- Does she react positively? There's a good chance she likes you 👍
- Does she brush it off, or react negatively? There's a good chance she doesn't like you 👎
- Not sure? Here are two resources that can help — learn the signs she is flirting with you, and signs she is developing feelings for you 🤓
HOW TO TELL A GIRL YOU LIKE HER STRATEGY #2
Come Out With It
Here's another phrase you may have heard before: "fortune favors the bold" ⚔️
This is also very true in dating!
Women are attracted to men who confidently share their feelings.
So in general, it's to your advantage to be direct with a girl you have feelings for, and tell her you like her 🗣️ 💕
- She may not reciprocate your feelings. And getting turned down is never fun...
- But she's more likely to reciprocate if you tell her. Seriously: the act of telling her you like her shows you have courage, and women like courage.
So, if you like a girl...
You can literally just tell her you like her!
Unexpectedly and thoughtlessly announcing your feelings to her the first chance you get probably isn't the right move ❌
But you don't need to choreograph an elaborate date to tell her you like her, either.
Find time to connect 1x1, and when the moment feels right (maybe she's smiling at you, or there's a break in the conversation)... say "I like you" 🙂
Want to avoid an awkward silence after you share how you feel?
Consider adding framing it like a question, for example:
- "I like you, and I wanted to know if you'd be open to going on a date sometime..."
- "I like you, and I wanted to know if you've ever felt a romantic connection to me too..."
- "I like you, and I wanted to know if you'd be open to exploring a romantic relationship with me..."
This gives her a direct prompt to respond to, which can illuminate how she feels about you in return.
Bonus tip: the more you can hold eye contact when you tell her you like her, the more meaningful the message will be to her ❤️
HOW TO TELL A GIRL YOU LIKE HER STRATEGY #3
Float It Upfront
This is a more advanced move, from the standpoint it requires more confidence...
But it can help you filter between women who are interested in you romantically, and women who aren't 🕵️♂️
What am I talking about?
The next time you meet a girl you're attracted to, at the end of your conversation, try directly telling her you like her 😘
You do't have to use the exact words "I like you."
For example, the following messages all lightly communicate the same thing:
- "I think you're cute, and..."
- "I'd like to see you again, so..."
- "You have great energy, and I would love to take you out sometime..."
There are key advantages to telling a girt you like her when you first meet her.
- You avoid beating around the bush, and all of the pressure that can come with hiding your feelings 🤗
- She knows your intentions, and learns that you're not afraid to ask for what you want, and can react accordingly 🥰
Particularly if you're shy or introverted, it's hard to be direct upfront...
And you may sound awkward the first time you tell a girl you like her this way... 😒
But guess what?
Practice makes perfect.
But the more you communicate your feelings, the easier it gets, and the more confident (and attractive!) you'll sound 😏
Plus, this is a great way to avoid the friend zone, particularly if you wind up there often (more tips to get out of the friend zone here!)
HOW TO TELL A GIRL YOU LIKE HER
Recap & Next Steps
What were the three ways to tell a girl you like her?
- Test the waters. Let your actions speak for you, and see how she reacts 🤠
- Come out with it. Find the right moment when you're together with her next, and directly tell her "I like you" 😌
- Float it out upfront. When you meet a woman you're attracted to, make it a habit to casually tell her 😎
Good luck, and let me know how it goes!
PS. Ready to uplevel your dating life fast?
I'd love to share my best free guides, so you can start making progress immediately:
- 📲 What I Swipe Right On (how to improve your matches on apps like Hinge fast)
- 💬 Master The Message (how to create more chemistry via text)
- 🏀 How To Bounce Back (dating 101 for newly single guys)
- 😅 You're Nice, But... (dating 101 for "nice" guys)
Just pop in your name and email below, and I'll send over your free guides immediately!
Uplevel your dating life
Get my best FREE guides, and get results in <1 hour 🚀
I’ll share your guides and a couple tips a week. 100% privacy, no spam or b.s.