Why The 6-6-6 Rule Is DumbApr 12, 2022
👋 Hey you! I'm Blaine, I'm a dating coach for men, and I'm excited to discuss the so called 6-6-6 rule with you.
What I hate:
- Flame wars. Who has time to fight with strangers on the internet? Isn’t the world divisive enough already? 🔥🧯
- Blatant objectification of women. If you think it’s OK to call women “cows,“ you’ve earned your dumpster-fire dating life (see below) 🐮
What I love:
- Triggering prompts. Check out this thread below, where a guy claims women only want to date men who are “6-6-6”
If you're like me, and you'd never heard of the 6-6-6 rule before...
There’s a massive community of men who believe women will only date you if you:
- 📏 Are 6’ tall
- 💰 Have a 6-figure income
- 💪 Have 6-pack abs
This supposed requirement is called the “6-6-6 rule”. And the guys who believe in it think they’re destined to be alone if they’re not tall, wealthy, and fit.
Want to know the problem?
The 6-6-6 rule is bullshit.
There are countless examples of women who violate the so-called 6-6-6 rule who are so attractive they’re famous.
The first three that come to mind are:
- Fitness celebrity Melissa Wood’s husband Noah Tepperberg is neither 6’ tall, nor has 6-pack abs… Noah is bald, too 🎱
- Madonna dated Michael Basquiat when Basquiat was a starving artist 🎨
- Supermodel Emily Ratajkowski’s husband Sebastian Bear-McClard might have had none of the 6s when they linked up 🤷
There are too many other examples to list.
The 6-6-6 rule is obviously b.s.
This isn’t to say that the 6s don’t matter.
As a woman I can confirm that:
- 📏 Women tend to like tall guys. There are women who almost ignore other physical traits when evaluating men. I have girlfriends who’ve looked past lazy eyes, misshapen noses, and massive beer guts to date tall guys…
- 💰 Women tend to like guys with money. Money enables a fun and comfortable lifestyle — who doesn't like that?
- 💪 Women tend to like fit guys. An athletic physique isn’t nearly as universal as the other “6s” (many women genuinely like dad bods) but I’d still hazard that most women would prefer +10 lbs of muscle to +10 lbs of pure fat on their partner.
But none of these traits is a requirement for most women.
Height, income, and physique are a tiny subset of the hundreds traits that make up the greater tableau of who you are, and who she’s hoping to meet.
Framed another way...
🧪 If she could design her perfect partner in a laboratory... she might pick tall, rich, and fit.
😃 But women don’t date guys designed in laboratories.
And I suspect men worry about the 6s more than women do!
Regardless, I think the 6-6-6 myth persists for two reasons:
- The “6s” are easy to measure, and things women actually care about aren’t. It’s easy to tell if a guy is tall, has a certain income, or is in good shape. It’s much harder to assess his personality, energy, intellect, sense of humor, etc. And our attention naturally gravitates toward things we can measure.
- The “6-6-6 rule” enables men to evade responsibility for their dating woes. For example, It’s a lot easier on your ego to believe that women aren’t interested in you because you’re short ("my height’s out of my control" —> "being single and unhappy isn’t my fault”) than to believe that women aren’t interested in you because you’re insecure, low-empathy, creepy, or boring…
Basically, if you’ve been telling yourself your height, income, or physique is holding you back...
❌ Stop it ASAP.
If you’re truly awesome in the other areas, most women can look past these things!
Few women can look past self-pity, pessimism, and insecurity though.
So you’re literally sabotaging your dating life if you attack yourself for factors outside your control 😬
Need help getting started?
- Check out my free guide for pick me boys for a deeper explanation of why self-pity is bad for your dating life.
- Check out my free guide on how to meet women so you can learn an approach that works.
PS. Ready to uplevel your dating life fast?
I'd love to share my best free guides, so you can start making progress immediately:
- 📲 What I Swipe Right On (how to improve your matches on apps like Hinge fast)
- 💬 Master The Message (how to create more chemistry via text)
- 🏀 How To Bounce Back (dating 101 for newly single guys)
- 😅 You're Nice, But... (dating 101 for "nice" guys)
Just pop in your name and email below, and I'll send over your free guides immediately!
Let's get your dating life on track!
I’ll share your guides and a couple tips a week. 100% privacy, no spam or b.s.