The Best Third Date Ideas (2022)Apr 10, 2022
You’re planning a third date… how exciting!
This means you like each other, and you have some momentum. Your goal is to keep the ball rolling ⚽
For a third date, you want to find an activity that allows you to spend more consequential time together, and gauge how you interact.
So, what’s the right activity to choose for a third date?
Here are four of my favorite third date ideas:
- Outdoor adventure 🌳
- Cooking a meal 👨🍳
- Live entertainment 🎸
- Shopping 🛍️
Read on to discover 3 specific dates for each idea / theme!
THIRD DATE IDEA #1
Outdoor Adventure 🌳
An outdoor third date is perfect if you like spending time outside, and she has echoed that interest.
Specifically, for an outdoor adventure-style third date, you could:
- 🚲 Rent bikes. Find a bike shop you could rent bikes from if you don’t own them already, and plan a smooth and visually stimulating route around town. You can end at a coffee shop or in the park for a picnic. Bonus points if you plan a scenic stop along the way.
- 🏄 Kayak or paddle-board. If you live near a body of water and the weather is agreeable, kayaking or paddle boarding can be awesome third date ideas. Paddle around for an hour then grab lunch nearby.
- ⛰️ Hike with your dogs. Or without your dogs, they’re not required! Find a 1-2 hour round-trip trail nearby, bring snacks, and enjoy talking while surrounded by nature.
By doing something active together, you get to lean into a shared interest in exercise and being outdoors, and even see what it’s like to do what you love with each other.
THIRD DATE IDEA #2
Cooking A Meal 👨🍳
If you like to cook, or you just enjoy eating, cooking a meal together can be an excellent third date idea.
Here are a few easy ideas for cooking a meal together on a third date:
- 🍝 Pasta. Pasta is hard to screw up, and you’ll still have the desired effect of showing her you can prep a meal even if you make something out of a box.
- 🍢 Kebabs. Grilling tends to be fast, easy, and fun. Every woman loves a guy who knows his way around a grill!
- 🌮 Tacos. Buy tortillas, cook a protein, and set up a station with toppings in your kitchen. Maybe mix up a margarita, too, for the full effect.
Cooking a meal together is a particularly good third date idea because it can give you both an idea of what it’s like to spend time together in a domestic setting, and plus its a great way to invite her to your place for the first time 😏
THIRD DATE IDEA #3
Live Entertainment 🎸
Live entertainment events like comedy shows or concerts usually aren’t great first or second date options because you’re inclined to pay attention to the entertainer, not your date!
But a live show makes for the perfect third date idea.
You and the woman you’re with already have a personal connection, and the show creates an opportunity to see if you vibe on an emotional level 💏
Not sure what type of entertainment event to take her to?
Here are some budget-conscious ideas:
- 🎤 Standup night. Google standup comedy shows near you. You don’t need to see a famous comedian to have a good date — open mic shows can be entertaining and help you create the same depth of connection.
- 💃 Bar with live music and dancing. Live music in itself is fun, but you’ll have an even better date if you have an opportunity to dance. You don’t have to be a good dancer — just having the courage to sway with her can be enough to sway her heart.
- 🎭 Shakespeare in the park. You don’t have to seek out Shakespeare specifically — find a production outdoors you can check out together. A key advantage to low-budget outdoor events is you can still chat during the show without being rude and bring your own drinks.
Definitely grab a bite to eat after the show so you two can talk about your experiences. Creating shared experiences can tremendously strengthen the bond between you two. She will always have the memory of that show with you.
THIRD DATE IDEA #4
Shopping can be a fun third date idea because there is so much stimulation to inspire conversation, and plenty of opportunities to make memories.
Plus, shopping doesn’t have to involve spending much (or any) money!
Here are a few fun shopping dates you could try on a third date:
- 📚 Bookstore. If you know she loves to read, exploring a bookstore (particularly a used bookstore with some personality!) is a fun third date idea. You can wander around, choose books, then grab a bite together when you’re done.
- 🏺 Thrifting. Thrift stores are especially fun because you never know what you’ll find, and the unpredictability adds some excitement and humor to your date.
- 🧑🌾 Farmer’s Market. Farmer’s markets are always great date ideas because they involve food. Enjoy seeing all the stalls, and sampling local cuisines!
Don’t feel obligated to buy her (or yourself) anything on a shopping date.
Purchasing a fancy gift may even come across as needy, and send the wrong message. All you need to do is browse and have fun 🙌
THE BEST THIRD DATE IDEAS
Summary and Next Steps
I hope you like my ideas for third dates around:
- Outdoor adventures 🌳
- Cooking a meal 👨🍳
- Live entertainment 🎸
- Shopping 🛍️
If you forget everything else about planning a third date, though, just remember that as you get to know this woman, you’ll both expose each other to activities you already love in your personal lives.
The best third date idea, then, is an activity you love that you want to share with her, or one that she mentioned she loves.
Have fun, and don’t be afraid to try these ideas (or others) out ❤️
Also, if you need more inspiration, check out my posts on:
PS. Ready to uplevel your dating life fast?
I'd love to share my best free guides, so you can start making progress immediately:
- 📲 What I Swipe Right On (how to improve your matches on apps like Hinge fast)
- 💬 Master The Message (how to create more chemistry via text)
- 🏀 How To Bounce Back (dating 101 for newly single guys)
- 😅 You're Nice, But... (dating 101 for "nice" guys)
Just pop in your name and email below, and I'll send over your free guides immediately!
Let's get your dating life on track!
I’ll share your guides and a couple tips a week. 100% privacy, no spam or b.s.